The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization that advocates for informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
- We believe that grassroots initiatives and consensus building are the strengths of our organization.
- We believe that our organization models the principles of good governance.
- We believe that citizenship requires knowledge, as well as the ability and will to act.
- We believe that the responsibility of good government rests on the shoulders of its citizens.
- We believe that the rights of citizens at home and abroad are interdependent.
We believe in:
- Respect for individuals
- The value of diversity
- The empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities
- The power of collective decision making for the common good
- Act with trust, integrity and professionalism
- Operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve
- Take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership
- Acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future